CMU School of Drama


Monday, October 31, 2016

Disneyland contractor to open Orlando office in early 2017

Orlando Business Journal: An attractions design/build firm that helped bring the newly opened Shanghai Disneyland to life is coming to Central Florida.

Scenario Cockram US Inc., a division of Australia-based construction firm Cockram Construction, will open a new Orlando office in more than 65,000 square feet of space in the tourism corridor, executives with the company told Orlando Business Journal.

1 comment:

Marisa Rinchiuso said...

This is exciting news! I'm so happy to hear that there will be a new branch of entertainment technology people coming to Orlando. I think having another set of minds, especially international minds, will help the imagineers over at Disney come up with even more creative solutions. I don't think this will cause any reason to worry for Disney or Universal, but instead will just allow for new ideas to be generated. I did find it interesting that Universal is also opening a park in Shanghai like Disney. I often think of those two as competitors, and to a certain degree I understand they are, but there are surely plenty of people to go to both. Being an independent contractor, like the one coming to Orlando must give nice perspective because they get to work with both companies. However, I do think it would be sad not having something of your own. I'm looking forward to seeing how this move will affect the projects upcoming in Orlando.