CMU School of Drama


Thursday, November 27, 2014

USITT Announces Finalists for Prague Quadrennial Exhibit

Stage Directions: USITT has named the six peformances and multiple design work that will represent the U.S. at the 2015 Prague Quadrennial. (The exhibit will have a reprise at the 2016 USITT show in Salt Lake City.) The USITT-USA curatorial team chose two shows from Ripe Time Theatre in New York, a multimedia production from Paul Abacus, a “wandering opera” staged at LA’s Union Station, and performance pieces from faculty at Auburn University in Alabama and Colorado College as the best overall productions for the exhibit. Additionally, 14 designers in specific disciplines will also be included.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This article provides a great list of designers and companies to pay special attention to as at the forefront of scenography in the US. I am impressed how many unconventional performance venues and pieces are present on the list. I am also happy to see an alumnus or two. I've already searched a few of the names here and look forward to seeking out the rest. If I am able to make it to Prague as I hope to, I am very excited to see this work shared with the rest of the world. Either way, I'm glad that USITT includes all submissions on its website.