CMU School of Drama


Monday, April 20, 2009

School of Drama honors German writer

The Tartan Online: "Theater is not always about entertainment. The legendary German writer Bertolt Brecht, known for his provocative plays, operas, and poems, strongly believed in the power of theater to produce social change and did not want his audiences to attend his works for sheer entertainment. The School of Drama production Tough Nut Cabaret is a tremendous blend of well-known and lesser-known poems and songs by this famous writer and social critic."

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I think its great that CMU Drama is doing this. After having touched on him during Foundations first semester, I became more interested in Brecht's work. The speaker we had during conservatory hour not only was a great speaker but gave us great insight to Brechts life and career. I still love ThreePenny Opera and now that I'm able to study Brecht and his work, I find it much easier to understand and appreciate. I can't wait to see Bite of Brecht and some Brechts more lesser known material!