CMU School of Drama


Friday, August 28, 2020

Behind the Curtain of a Multi-Billion Dollar Industry That’s on Red Alert

www.fireplay.com: Six months ago, I stood in the middle of Bridgestone Arena in Nashville surrounded by over 15,000 screaming fans, scores of country music artists, and record company executives for the opening night of Dan + Shay the Arena Tour. Little did I know it would be the last time I attended a concert in 2020…and likely the last time we got to create a show in the music industry as we knew it.

1 comment:

Jin Oh said...

While the main purpose of the article seems to be promotion of Red Alert and #wemakeevents as it discusses them towards the end, I found the first half of the article really intriguing as well. Although the main tasks of the production’s designers and technicians are to create the show, the jobs get more intricate when it comes to the real industries. I thought I learned a lot about creating the shows through my high school experiences, but this article taught me that there were so many other aspects to manage. I think his (and all the other members of this industry) passion is commendable; when he explained the demanding work routine (as he had to work literally all day long in an extreme circumstances) but also said that he loved his job, I realized how passion works as a main driving source in these kind of operations. I also loved how he recognized and highlighted all the workers and their importance, although their works might not me immediately visible or tangible compared to those of the performers. I really hope such passions survives through this hard time.