CMU School of Drama


Thursday, March 10, 2011

'Spider-Man' postponed; Taymor out as director

The Associated Press: "Julie Taymor, the Tony Award winning director of 'The Lion King,' will no longer direct Broadway's troubled 'Spider-Man' musical as producers announced a new creative team and postponed the show's official opening to summer.
Taymor, who also co-wrote the book for 'Spider Man: Turn Off the Dark,' will remain a part of the new team, lead producers Michael Cohl and Jeremiah J. Harris said Wednesday, in announcing an unprecedented sixth delay for the musical.

1 comment:

Dale said...

I am pleased to say that my wife and I were at this performance of the show on Wednesday night. We witnessed first-hand the mechanical failure of Green Goblin's flying rig at the end of the first act and during intermission I received a text that Julie was out. I did not found out until later, that Bono and the Edge were in the building and the cast needed to be persuaded to start the show. There is a lot I could say about the performance but I will simply state this show needs some serious re-working and I really hope they can do it in the few weeks they are taking off. (David Boevers suggested that the best way to save the show is to have Bono play Peter Parker.)