CMU School of Drama


Monday, November 02, 2009

NFTRW Weekly Top Five

Here are the top five comment generating posts of the past week:

Raising the Dead: Bringing Failed Projects Back to Life

Web Worker Daily: "Recently, I’ve noticed that more new clients are coming my way with a single request: to help them revive or resurrect a project, web site, or product that has failed in the past. I’m also capable of creating failed projects myself — sometimes I look at my track record and try to fix my worst projects hoping that I can make them better."
<-- Comments Here

Should Able-Bodied Actors Play Disabled Characters?

Jezebel: "An advocacy group is protesting the casting of Abigail Breslin as Helen Keller in a Broadway's upcoming revival of The Miracle Worker, arguing that a deaf or blind actress should have gotten the chance to play the part."
<-- Comments Here

We ask that you now turn off all cell phones and pagers. Enjoy the show!

Technology in the Arts: "Corwin wrote a great post a month or two ago about the new technologies that museums have started to implement to increase interactivity with their patrons. I thought it might be interesting to explore the performing arts side of things."
<-- Comments Here

'What show did you see?' How performances vary night to night

chicagotribune.com: "This just in: Theater shows change from night to night.
I was reminded of this obvious but oft-underappreciated fact in New York last week. In that town, critics see shows on three or four press nights. I saw the new 'Brighton Beach Memoirs' on the same night as the little group of New York critics I trust. When I read all the reviews a couple of days later, I found different emphases and varieties of tone, of course, but I had almost exactly the same view of the strengths and weaknesses of the show. I saw another Broadway show, 'Memphis,' on a different night and didn't feel that way at all."
<-- Comments Here

Whispers Offstage? Could Be Actor’s Next Line

NYTimes.com: "Ticket holders at this week’s first previews of Matthew Broderick’s new Off Broadway play have been privy to a second drama: watching the veteran theater actor try to learn his lines, with help from a prompter sitting in the front row."
<-- Comments Here

Aligning the Stars for Opening Night

NYTimes.com: "Would the producers of a Broadway show move their opening night so you could attend? That’s what separates the A-list from everyone else, people."
<-- Comments Here

No comments: