CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Pittsburgh’s Three Rivers Arts Festival announces lineup, new features

Blogh | Pittsburgh | Pittsburgh City Paper: The festival’s 57th annual incarnation, June 3-12, will be broadly familiar: a Point State Park-based footprint, lots of bands, the artists’ market, large-scale outdoor public artworks, a juried visual-art show, festival food.

There’s even the welcome, lately near-annual tradition of a new show by performance-art rock-band faves Squonk Opera.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having worked on the Arts Festival last summer, I have new found appreciation for it that I did not have before when I attended. From what I remembered of a very busy week and a half last summer I don’t think Squonk Opera performed last year, which is unfortunate because I would have loved to see how they fit into the festival’s tight load-in schedule for performers and even more so because they typically don’t use the main stage, they build their own. Something that I did not really think about last summer was the fact that all of the events during the festival are free. This is truly an incredible feat and I thought more about it while interviewing with the International Festival and Arts & Ideas because they have some ticketed events that cost money and are not open to the public. The fact that any person in Pittsburgh can walk up to look at art or listen to music is absolutely incredible and I hope that this tradition continues on.