CMU School of Drama


Saturday, September 26, 2015

Business Lessons From ‘The Wrecking Crew’ Documentary

Pro Sound Web: “Obscurity is the realm of error.” — Attributed to Luc De Clapiers.

The Wrecking Crew is a documentary about an elite collection of musicians. These troubadours were studio musicians who helped add to the sound of rock n’ roll from the mid 1950s to the present day.

Despite their incredible influence, their names and body of work were known only by a small set of music industry insiders. Their names do not appear on any albums nor do they have a hallowed space in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

1 comment:

Sharon Limpert said...

I feel like those of us who work in the backstage aspect of theatre can relate to this. Many people I’ve talked to about what I do tell me that they hope I win a Tony or that they’ll see my name in lights. They are strangers to the profession and don’t realize that they don’t hand out Tonys to people who do what I do, much less get their name in lights. All I hope for my career is to work on high caliber productions with talented and visionary designers, who may in turn win a Tony. The entertainment industry is full of people whose names won’t be seen in lights or are the in the smallest font in the credits, but we can’t make entertainment without every single one of them. People who don’t work in our industry don’t realize the shear number of people it takes to make a movie. People consume entertainment so casually that they don’t think twice about the man hours that go into making them happy.