CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Quantum Theatre keeps its production of 'Pantagleize' moving, funny

TribLIVE: Two popular sayings kept running through my head during “Pantagleize”: The Beatles' lyric “You say you want a revolution?” and the cautionary warning, “Be careful what you wish for, for surely it shall be yours.”
Quantum Theatre's bitterly funny production, which is playing inside a vacant office space in Point Breeze, is a fresh and free adaptation of Michel de Ghelderode's 1931 play “Pantagleize.”

3 comments:

Kameron Kierce said...

First off, I'm super excited to see what Jed does with the direction of this production. I think it's great that this is in an office space. I think it's cool when people try a different approach unlike traditional theatre. The idea of the audience people walking into the world/atmosphere of the story is very powerful.

Unknown said...

I really want to see this production!!!! Quantum produces amazing work that is really new and edgy. This kind of theater allows for the audience to really experience the play in a way that one can't in a normal show. Jed's directing is always fantastic and combined with the amazing design team I would expect this show to be nothing less than a hit!

Carolyn Mazuca said...

I've been seeing posters about Pantagleize all over Purnell recently! As far as I had known, just Susan Tsu was part of the production, but it's even more enticing knowing that Jed Harris is working on it as well. I always find it amazing when our teachers work together in outside theaters. It's heart-warming to see and hear about those we learn from working together to create fabulous productions.