CMU School of Drama


Monday, November 26, 2007

Young Frankenstein

Word of Mouth Reviews: "After The Producers nabbed the most Tony Awards in theater history, Mel Brooks is at it again with a Broadway version of his famous 1974 movie, Young Frankenstein. This extravaganza brings together Tony winners Roger Bart, Sutton Foster, Andrea Martin and Shuler Hensley, with Emmy winner Megan Mullally and director/choreographer Susan Stroman to create a truly monster-sized musical. We sent three of our Word of Mouth panelists to see what's up over at the Hilton Theatre. So, what did they think? Find out now!"

2 comments:

NorthSide said...

I got admit, when it comes to movie-based musicals hitting Broadway, I hide in the closet. They are usually idiot, poor examples of theatre. However, Mel Brooks seems to have captured the formula to really make it work, rare for many movie-gone-musical to do. I'm excited for Frankenstein and I think it'll be an enjoyable night out at the theatre. Mel Brooks never seems to disappoint. I'm just waiting for the day he gets the balls to make a musical out of "Blazing Saddles."

Anonymous said...

I saw afew numbers from the show and it seems to me that they didn't live up to the hype. They felt like old, turn of the century musicals where the music didn't have much to do with the plot. I personaly don't like that but maybe it works in this instance