CMU School of Drama


Thursday, November 14, 2013

ProSight to launch entertainment trade risk management handbook

IFAwebnews.com: ProSight Specialty Insurance, a global specialty insurance carrier in the film and live events industries, announced that on Nov. 21, ProSight and PLASA will unveil Entertaining Safety: The Entertainment Technology Professional’s Guide to Insurance and Risk Management to an audience at PLASA’s annual awards ceremony. This comprehensive resource was developed specifically to help entertainment technology businesses protect their employees and property, the attendees of the events they bring to life—and ultimately, their livelihood. The launch of this guidebook will come in advance of LDI 2013, which takes place Nov. 22–24 in Las Vegas.

2 comments:

TylerJ said...

I'll be interested in looking at this Handbook and seeing what it outlines and addresses for Insurance and Risk Management. I'm really intrigued by the three sections that it is broken into, The what you need to know but didn't know who to ask is a great subject that I've often wondered about. I'm particularly interested in the Creative Approach to Safety since I think this will definetly have a large influence on what we do in our industry. I'm always looking for new creative ways to address safety issues. The what to do when bad things happen to good people will be another section that should be able to help people out that have these questions. I think potentially that this will be a great resource for people to look for answers since so many of us, in this industry, are not super familiar with many of the problems and issues associated with safety.

beccathestoll said...

Ok, so I'm hoping this is as helpful an asset as the article says it will be, and like Tyler said, this has the potential to be a great resource. But as I read it, I kept thinking that really what it sounds like is a really long infomercial for this particular insurance company. I've seen similar paperwork at other conventions. For instance, a sound company called Apollo makes these great manuals and primers with drawings, well-laid out explanations of basic sound principles, but then every other page is about how well this is handled by THEIR boards, to the point that I almost got tired of reading them. Will be interested to hear more after LDI.