CMU School of Drama


Thursday, April 16, 2015

A bit of Disney Magic captivated Pgh. during ‘Beauty and the Beast’

New Pittsburgh Courier: The message of seeing past a person’s exterior into his or her heart is what drew Taurean Barber to audition for a role in Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.

“This musical is amazing and spectacular,” said Barber who plays the role of a townsperson and an enchanted object. “I grew up on Disney and as a child I watched ‘The Little Mermaid’. I fell in love with that. I am a fan of how Disney makes you feel like things are possible and the stories make you so happy.”

1 comment:

Chase Del Rey said...

Having grown up in Orange County, Disneyland was always very accessible to me. From a very young age I would take regular visits to this place of magic and enchantment. To this day, It remains one of my favorite place on earth. Disney, in every aspect of their work, has a way of completely submerging their audience into the world. From their theme parks, to their entertainment, their quality of work is consistent. One of the things that really stuck out to me in this article was the idea of no age limit to who can enjoy a Disney Production. Young, or old, it is so easy to find a piece of yourself in the story. This is the root of what makes Disney, Disney. The telling of fantastical Stories, that are universal to all.

Chase Del Rey <54-102> 54102 <54102>