CMU School of Drama


Monday, September 29, 2008

Kristin Scott Thomas Comes to Broadway in “The Seagull’

NYTimes.com: "IN France, where she began acting and where she has lived for the last 28 years, Kristin Scott Thomas is known as “la plus Anglaise des Parisiennes ou la plus Parisienne des Anglaises”: the most English of the Parisians or the most Parisian of the English. She has said of herself that she is a Frenchwoman who happened to spend her childhood in England. In person, though, she sometimes seems less a citizen of either place than a refugee from an almost vanished show-business past. Now 48, she has the big, heavy-lidded eyes, the regal cheekbones, the Garbo-like self-possession of an old-fashioned star: so glamorous and mysterious that you wouldn’t in the least mind sitting out a sandstorm with her, the way Ralph Fiennes did in “The English Patient.”"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin Scott Thomas is one of those really talented actresses that I admire all the more because of her incredible bilingual career. To find success in the film industries of several different countries is pretty darn impressive. I would love to see the production of "The Seagull" that she is in. Chekhov is tough stuff. I haven't seen any of the French films she is in, but a recent one, "Tell No One" is high on my list. I hear it is great!

Anonymous said...

Things such as this, when an actress is completely overthrown by the society and not noticed as an actress, then finds her destiny, makes me extremly happy. When I think about the future I simply think about events like this when someone is neglected of their love, acting, and then final recognized for their talent. In this case I am extremly fond of The Seagull and I think that this is an epic showing of it. I would be extremely apprecitive to see such a production and then see the wonderful cast and crew.