CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A Mini-Guide to All Things USITT 2016 (with Events You Can't Miss!)

blog.propared.com: The 2016 installment of USITT is finally here! For those of you who've never attended or are thinking, "Umm, what's USITT?" let me explain. According to its website, The United States Institute of Theatre Technology is "the largest full production event in America." That means event production gear and a lot of it. Once a year, the organization hosts its three-day trade show and conference (Salt Lake City). Attendees can choose from a litany of exciting engagements including classroom training, new technology exhibitions, certification programs, and networking at special events. We on the Propared team have been attending USITT for years. Long before we were even a company! It's a special time of year that reminds us how many talented people are working in events and entertainment.

1 comment:

Drew H said...

I definitely want to go to USITT at some point in the next two years. But I have to say, I already feel overwhelmed. There is so much stuff to see and so many people to talk to that I might go crazy if I go. I would have to read every one of this type of article before I go but nothing will prepare my easily distracted mind from running to the coolest looking booth, to the next coolest looking booth. I think it would be an amazing opportunity to talk to the industry professionals who go to USITT, maybe do some networking, maybe a little interviewing, who knows. But I am also really excited for all the classes. There always seem to be cool classes, and I hope to attend as many as possible. I think it is also really cool that we have so many professors who give talks and lead classes, on this list we have Tina who talked to us about her class. I also saw Jay Sheehan, a production manager who came to talk to our PRM class.