CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, May 03, 2022

"In America: An Anthology of Fashion" at The Met: 5 things not to miss

www.timeout.com/newyork: The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute is back with part two of this year’s flagship exhibition “In America” with “An Anthology of Fashion,” and the new iteration of the show is an even more expansive look at what has defined American fashion over the years. It is a visually splendid tour through hundreds of years of this country’s history told through clothes designed and worn by its citizens.

1 comment:

Liberty Lapayowker said...

When I think of the Met, I think of the MET Gala, but I must remember that this event is only to signify the opening of an entire exhibit that anyone can go to and experience. As the article mentions, this year the Metropolitan Museum of Art is exploring “what has defined American fashion over the years”. I have never been to the Met, so I appreciate how this article is providing some tips as to what I may “want to look out for” if I find myself visiting while this exhibit is still up. All of these tips stood out to me from a theatrical industry perspective because as someone involved in technical theatre, I often pay attention to the little details, however, many people coming to skim through the exhibit may not even notice such interesting and important components of this display of fashion in America.