CMU School of Drama


Thursday, December 03, 2020

Elegies for empty stages, by Whitney White and Psalmayene 24

DC Metro Theater Arts: Working on James Baldwin’s The Amen Corner was one of the most fulfilling artistic experiences I have ever had. During this time of the shutdown when live theater has all but ground to halt and so many artists like myself and my brilliant scenic designer Dan Soule are wondering if, when, and how we will ever return to our art form, I have been amazed by how much working on that production has sustained me. The memory of the production and what it was like working in DC has provided us both hope, and strength. I still hear Victor Simonson’s beautiful arrangements, and remember the feeling I had when the ensemble hit the stage for the first time in costume.

No comments: