CMU School of Drama


Friday, December 04, 2020

Christie Pandoras Box rolls out new render engine – powered by Medialooks Video SDK

blog.medialooks.com: Christie, a leading supplier of visual display technologies, has recently released a new version of its media server, now with expanded file format support and 10-bit color depth. We had a fireside chat with Markus Zeppenfeld, who runs the product’s development team in Germany, about why our Video SDK was helpful in achieving his goals with Pandoras Box, a turn-key solution for real-time rendering, 3D compositing and projection.

1 comment:

Jonas Harrison said...

New technological developments in fields that are so new are always interesting and exciting to me. In particular, this style of digital media is still relatively brand new, so it makes me feel as though the possibilities are endless for future developments. I believe that innovation can be made in any field at any time, but with this constantly growing VMD format I do not believe that the inventions and developments will slow any time soon. It is also interesting to note that media servers were born from the entertainment industry, because I feel like when one typically thinks of new inventions, their mind might first think of STEM fields as the originator. It also makes me wonder how many more inventions were truly born from the entertainment industry, and it is likely more than I can think of. I am excited to enter an industry which is so artistic as well as inventive.