CMU School of Drama


Sunday, December 08, 2019

NFTRW Top Five

Here are the top five comment generating posts of the past week:

The Success Advantage Every Theatre Major Has Over Others in the Working World

Inc.com: In my life, I've been involved nearly 200 theatre productions. I was heavily involved in high school, and was a theatre major in college. Even while I was in the mortgage industry, I continued acting and singing in local productions. Additionally, I was the artistic director of a growing community theatre, and founded a successful mystery dinner theatre company. It's a passion that has given me great joy, and also served me well throughout my career.

This Dancer Spent a Month in Zion National Park

Pointe: For ballet dancers, taking daily class is one of the most natural things they can do.
But taking class in nature is an entirely different story.
Last September, outdoor barre became the new normal for Sarah Longoria during her monthlong stint at Utah's Zion National Park. She lived onsite as an artist in residence, the park's first-ever dancer to be selected for the position.

Broadway is locking up cellphones because audience members can't control themselves

www.nbcnews.com: Last month, I caught a 10 p.m. performance of the new Broadway musical “Freestyle Love Supreme.” As I was preparing to walk down the aisle to grab my seat, an usher asked me to verify that my phone was silent or off and then placed it in a foam pouch. At first, I thought she was confiscating it. But after she sealed the pouch via an electronic device, she explained that I could hold onto it and have it released from captivity after the show.

Scientists Are Pushing to Ban Glitter, Say It's a 'Global Hazard'

Parents: All crafting enthusiasts and makeup gurus know there is a price to pay when using glitter. Yes, it is dazzling and theatrical but with one use, comes lots of damage control—expect an impossible-to-clean mess in any inconvenient crevice. So what does that chaos mean on a larger scale? Microplastics—the essence of glitter which consists of small pieces plastic are making headlines as scientist warns of the environmental dangers they present.

Review: ‘’Twas the Night Before’ by Cirque du Soleil at Chicago Theatre

Chicago Tribune: Two factors explain the massive crowds this past weekend for “'Twas the Night Before," the new seasonal attraction at the Chicago Theatre. One is the abiding pull of a family visit to the Loop to absorb some holiday atmosphere, a reminder of how, even in this age of Amazon, we’re still attracted to historic urban centers as harbingers of meaningful togetherness. The other is the power of the brand known as the Cirque du Soleil.

No comments: