CMU School of Drama


Thursday, December 26, 2019

How to Prioritize Work When Everything Seems Important

www.lifehack.org: Even with all of the advances in modern technology, there are only so many hours in the day to cram in everything that we need to do. A simple “to-do” list doesn’t always cut it, and it’s easy to feel adrift in a sea of tasks without an oar. The key to managing all of the work responsibilities on your plate is prioritization. In theory, prioritization is pretty simple: write down what you need to do and then start doing it.

1 comment:

Bahaar Esfahani said...

I'm really loving reading these articles right before classes start for the semester!! It's getting me into the right mindset and definitely giving me valuable tips. While I think I've made great strides in organization/prioritization this semester, the thing I'm really struggling most with is the size of my projects. I'm so used to, in high school, having an assignment and sitting and doing it all in one shot. This isn't high school anymore, and that's just not realistic with the sizes of projects we're given! I need to get better at working on everything an hour or two a day each rather than doing all of something, all of the next thing, etc. etc. Multitasking in that sense is necessary. I'm trying to get better at figuring out what is absolutely necessary to get done, what can wait, and what doesn't need to be done at all. The urgent/important distinction was a very interesting and educational chart that has given me a lot to think about. I'll be working on making my to-do lists a little more complex, like assigning letters A-E of importance like the article suggests!