CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, November 27, 2013

101 Plays by The New Americans, or on Latinidad

HowlRound: A couple of realizations have emerged from the National Gathering of the Latina/o Theatre Commons in Boston. Among them are two that pertain specifically to the knowledge and accessibility of Latina/o plays. We recognize that: 1. There is a great need for a catalog or list of Latina/o works for the general public, and 2. we need to determine which plays we presently consider to be influential works to us as theater makers. - See more at: http://www.howlround.com/101-plays-by-the-new-americans-or-on-latinidad#sthash.ljUXOju1.dpuf

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this article not because of the points it made but because what it is. It is great to see a list of work that people find important and not a list of top 100 plays of all time either. it is a great specific list of works that a specific group of people find important and so I am glad that I found this article (I already added it to my bookmarks). I think this list is a great entrance point into looking into works that are a part of the american culture, but don't always get recognized.