CMU School of Drama


Thursday, November 10, 2016

ArcLight chooses Meyer Sound cinema audio for new premium screens

ZioGiorgio.com: ArcLight Cinemas has selected Meyer Sound cinema audio systems for three screens at new upscale multiplex theatres in Chicago, Illinois; Bethesda, Maryland; and Santa Monica, California. A fourth Meyer Sound system was installed earlier at ArcLight Cinemas’ La Jolla, California location.

“We were very happy with the results in La Jolla,” remarks Joe Miraglia, ArcLight’s director of design, construction and facilities. “We continue to see Meyer Sound as the premium brand for cinema audio, offering a superior level of quality that our guests appreciate.”

1 comment:

Julien Sat-Vollhardt said...

Fun fact: My elementary and middle school was across the street from the Meyer Sound headquarters in Berkeley. We never really interacted with them, but I still remember seeing the trucks with their logo right across from Orchard Supply. I never really thought of it much, and it wasn't until I entered the world of professional theatre and live performance did I realize their reputation for quality, and man is it true. I just find it funny hwo seriously they take sound quality in the design of their products. For one, they don't trust your amplifiers, so not a single one of their speakers is not a powered speaker. Next, they don't trust your mixer, so they offer you the Galileo, a beast of a rack-mounted sound manipulation engine. Lastly, they don't even trust you to install the damn things. At my last gig, the production company I worked for compeletely renovated their space, and part of this was the installation of new Meyer Sound speakers and subs, and these guys roll in and bring everything with them. They have their own mount for the subwoofers which are spring loaded for god's sake. I'm really just impressed by the attention to detail, and I'm glad for something to remind me of home as well.