CMU School of Drama


Monday, September 12, 2016

A Peek into the Pittsburgh Actor’s Space

Pittsburgh in the Round: I stumbled upon a conversation rather surreptitiously the other day at a coffee shop, feigning productivity and industriousness, that centered around theatre and its import to those ensconced in its numerous nebulas. Our conversation turned to the act of creation in theatre—of laboring, toiling, getting down to the proverbial nitty-gritty to put forth a dramaturgical experience that truly epitomized the blood, sweat and tears of the creative phenomena.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I first glimpsed at this article, I was pleased because I am always excited to hear about new, theatrical, developing ideas being implemented in Pittsburgh since it brings us up to speed with the technology industry a little bit. After I started to read into the article, I got a little frustrated because it just seemed like a creative space that you can rent. The article goes on to elaborate on the possibilities of the space, but ultimately it falls in the category of rentable shared creative space. I was frustrated because I am still grappling with how effective these spaces can be as opposed to owning your own office. The Space states that they are not only a space but a place to learn, network, and develop as a theatrical professional, which I think is great. I’ll be interested to see if this venue is still in business a year or two from now just because I don’t know if Pittsburgh is ready for it, but I would not be disappointed if it was still open as a sign of growth.