CMU School of Drama


Friday, May 09, 2014

‘The Book of Mormon’ features star-crossed Grey Henson

Cranston Herald: Grey Henson was a senior, working on his Bachelor of Fine Arts in acting and musical theatre at Pittsburgh’s acclaimed Carnegie Mellon in 2012 when he auditioned for the role of Elder McKinley in the upcoming road show of “The Book of Mormon.”
“I was a little nervous,” the Georgia native said. “I was half way through my senior year and rehearsals would be starting that May. I was able to graduate, rehearse for my role, open the tour and get my equity card right after graduation.

1 comment:

Victoria Pedretti said...

First, I think this boy has a very narrow understanding of Mormonism is, as do many people, and that is unfortunate.

That said, I thing this article really speaks to the gravity of our alumni base and our schools reputation. Good for him! He got out of school with a job much like many of our graduating seniors this year. I hope to see the show someday. I sounds hilarious.