CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, July 19, 2017

TAIT Builds Elaborate Stage Set for Queen and Adam Lambert's Tour

www.taittowers.com/portfolio: Back by popular demand, American Idol alum Adam Lambert joins Queen for another high-energy, theatrical tour showcasing the bands’ classic hits and flamboyant performances. The tour kicks off in North America, extends to Europe and the U.K. this fall and concludes early 2018 in Australia.

Coinciding with the bands 40th anniversary of their sixth record, News of the World, the set, built by TAIT, is an elaborate production designed to highlight Queen’s set list and its unique yet comparable take on the Queen of past.

1 comment:

George Meltzer said...

I'm just gonna say that this looks really fucking cool. I mean the whole thing is automated and the fact that there are 96 moving lights just for the 1 grid is insane. I am really dumb founded by the fact their MainStage is 72 feet wide, my theater is 55 feet wide and that even seems big. I am so interested about how they got this halo grid moving and how it holds 96 lights, my mind is just blown. I am about just baffled by the fact that they used 60 pounds of glitter. Glitter goes EVERYWHERE and they have 60 pounds of it. I think that this show is just so over the top that it is great. I mean no complaints. The fact that this show has so many moving parts, I'm sure that this was an engineering nightmare, but I am sure that this show is going to look so cool. I really love just all the technical innovation that they have. I mean two scissor lifts to lift a robot head is just amazing. I just can not wrap my mind around all of the tech that was required for this show and I don't even want to know how much cable they used, like I'm sure that it is thousands of feet.