CMU School of Drama


Saturday, May 02, 2015

10 Tips for Eventprofs on the Road

blog.bizzabo.com: As an event organizer, we know that travel might as well be your middle name. From driving short distances in order to scope out potential venues for an event, to setting up shop in another timezone, to managing a corporate gathering halfway around the world, you’re most likely on the road a good amount of time each year. To help you limit the wear and tear business travel can have on body and mind, we’ve put together a list of travel best-practices for you to start incorporating into your routine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are very good tips for eventprofs and also for anyone that travels a lot. It is important to be prepared when you travel because it will make things very difficult if one tiny thing goes wrong. Traveling can be scary if you do not know exactly where you are going and how you are going to get there. Always plan your trips in advance and do not forget about transportation and housing if necessary. Neck pillows are very important especially for long flights or bus rides. I always have difficulty sleeping on planes because I can never get comfortable. Having a neck pillow sometimes definitely helps me sleep better because I do not need to get in a weird uncomfortable position just to rest my head on something. The last thing you want on a long trip is to have neck or back pains. Charging your batteries is also extremely important and I always make sure I have a charger for every device and can find some place to plug it in or bring a portable charger.

Kat Landry said...

This is a very interesting article and particularly topical for me as I will be headed to NYC later this month to work as an event and company management intern for XPOGO, an extreme pogo company. We will be traveling from NYC to Jacksonville, FL and Philadelphia, PA, and I will be working with the Operations Manager to organize these trips as well as the competitions that will happen there. Given that I've never actually worked in this kind of traveling environment before, this should definitely be an interesting experience! I have been a big traveler my whole life just with my family, but organizing a whole company traveling to competitions will certainly be a new challenge. I think this is a helpful set of tips for setting out on a new journey, both physically and occupationally.