CMU School of Drama


Monday, February 20, 2017

Fusion 360 Adds “Slicer” for Laser Cutting and CNC Routing

makezine.com: When Autodesk recently announced they were going to be discontinuing the 123D app, many of us were pretty bummed. As it turns out, that app had a fantastic ability to “slice” objects into layers for cutting with a laser, router, or mill. They’ve added a “slicer” app, packed with features to fill that void left behind by the closing of 123D. This new announcement for Fusion 360 is music to our ears.

1 comment:

Chris Calder said...

I have never been a big fan of Autodesk 3D software. For a program that mastered 2D from the very start I must say that I am surprised to see how far behind they are from other CAD based 3D software. The “slicer” tool is certainly not something that is new in the 3D world, I have been using virtually the same command in a program called Vectorworks for over a year now. So if I am being honest Auto Desk isn’t my first choice when looking when looking for a CAD software, but I am glad to see that their usability is improving and they are bringing the key commands into the program that I see as being fundamental to the 3D drawing process. It is tools like these that make the 3D drawing useful and intuitive. Being able to see exactly what you are making or seeing is crucial to any major project.