CMU School of Drama


Thursday, April 27, 2017

RTI NEO ONE Revolutionises Lasers for Large Scale Productions

LightSoundJournal.com: RTI NEO ONE features both DMX and ArtNET, making it compatible within existing control infrastructure, with no other control system required. The RTI NEO ONE is designed as multi-projector-laser-system: Several units can be attached to each other with a quick-lock system. Due to the octagonal shape, it is not only possible to use several units side-by-side, but also allows to create shapes of laser systems or mount them at unusual positions, like e.g. flanking the sound-line-arrays on big stages, arranged as circle or in other shapes on stage.

1 comment:

Marisa Rinchiuso said...

This is not the typical article I tend to read, but I thought it was very interesting. I've never really known much about lasers, however I was intrigued to see how RTI NEO ONE "revolutionized" it. Not knowing the precedent, I can not fully evaluate the revolutionary qualities of the product, however, I did think it was an amazing product. My favorite part about it was that it was 7kg (so like 3 pounds). Often times I find that the best technological products are often outrageously heavy. For example, everyone loves to use moving light, but trying to hang one of those in a lift is absolutely terrifying. I also thought it was cool that they designed it in an octagonal shape so that it could be configured in a plethora of ways. I'm honestly still a bit confused on what 24W be foot means, but it sounds like it would be a lot for a laser, so it is definitely pretty awesome! Very interesting read to learn about a unique product.