CMU School of Drama


Thursday, March 23, 2017

Ridgid 18V Flood Light Review – Dial Up Some Lumens

Home Fixated: Tired of third-degree burns and tripping over extension cords in your quest for a good work light? In their attempt to remove every power cord from the job site, the major toolmakers have all been introducing various cordless LED work lights. In previous attempts to light up your life – or at least the dark workday portions of it – we took a look at Ridgid’s folding work light and the more portable Ridgid Light Cannon. But wait – there’s more! If you’re looking for a more traditional-looking work light, join us as we take an illuminating look at the Ridgid 18V Flood Light they sent our way.

2 comments:

Alex Talbot said...

While I'm not really in the market for a work light like this one, especially one of this caliper and quality, this seems like quite a compelling product, and I could see how it could be quite useful. Not only does it seem like a well designed and useful product, the review on this website was incredibly thorough and detailed. It goes through all the features of the product, including features, cost, and whether or not it would be a fitting light for the reader's purposes. In addition, the article included shots of the products that included different views, orientations, and uses. Overall, the article gave me a great idea of the product I would potentially be getting. While I was impressed by the product and all of it's features, I was equally impressed by the quality of the article, and the amount of detail it went into for such a simple light.

Chris Calder said...

It’s never a bad time for a tool article especially one as riveting as a work light. Like Alex, I too am not in the market for a flood light but it is very interesting to see what is out there and what sort of competition or varying products there are if I was ever to need one. Some of the features that really catch my eye is the 180-degree swivel that is great for complete coverage of the work space. The brightness and the fact that you can have the unit run on a battery for up to 20 hours is also very appealing as a buyer. I also really like that the battery that is being use looks to be a standard rigid battery which makes for easy use across tools. I must say that I am not so interested in Rigid as a brand but after seeing this product and its capability I am convinced by the performance of the tool.