CMU School of Drama


Friday, December 09, 2011

Occupying the Arts Shouldn't Be a One-Time Thing

ThinkProgress: I’m sorry I missed Occupy Broadway, which sounds like a joyful, entertaining evening of live street theater. And of course I agree with Benjamin Shepherd, who told Wired that “Social movements are about imaging a more just, democratic, joyous set of social relations and I think that begins with art. We’re using public space to create a more colorful image of what our streets could look like through open-access performance.” But I’ll admit I’m a bit more excited about the long-range planning going on in the Occupy Comics movement, which has a three-stage plan for 2012, starting with digital comics, moving to a limited-edition paper run, and culminating in a hardcover edition.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Comment of the week:

I supported Occupy Comics on Kickstarter before it was on the Green Page!