CMU School of Drama


Thursday, January 10, 2019

Review Roundup: See What Critics Thought of Atlantic's BLUE RIDGE

www.broadwayworld.com: Atlantic Theater Company stages the world premiere production of Blue Ridge, written by Abby Rosebrock and directed by Taibi Magar.

Blue Ridge features Kyle Beltran (Fire in Dreamland), Tony Award nominee Marin Ireland(reasons to be pretty, Summer and Smoke), Nicole Lewis (Bedlam's Sense and Sensibility), Kristolyn Lloyd(Dear Evan Hansen, Paradise Blue), and Chris Stack(Ugly Lies the Bone).

1 comment:

Willem Hinternhoff said...

This play sounds very interesting to me. I grew up in Atlanta, which is very close to southern Appalachia, where this play takes place. In fact, I spent much of my childhood in a town in northern Georgia called Blue Ridge. It will be interesting to see this environment on stage, as it is something that I have grown up very close to. However, this play is not about reminiscing about childhood memories. It is much more serious and deals with relevant and important issues in the poor, rural towns in the Appalachian mountains. Unfortunately, many of these towns have been left behind in the modern world, and many people in these towns struggle with the abuse of drugs and/or alcohol. As far as I can tell, this is something that this play deals with in depth. If ever possible, I would very much like to see this show and see how it relates to my experiences in the same area.