CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Hamilton #MixedFeelings

The 412 - January 2019: The day after I experienced all that is “Hamilton” for the first time, I turned on Spotify and listened to the soundtrack on repeat. All day.

It’s safe to say I loved the show.

The performances Wednesday night at the Benedum Center were stunning, especially Austin Scott’s Hamilton (Edred Utomi has since taken over the role in Pittsburgh). The set was amazing. The entire musical was stunning to behold in a way I was not expecting, with one (almost unchanging) set and few costume changes. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a chorus play such an integral part in a show, not only as singers and dancers but through the way the actors created a visual effect on the spinning turntable at center stage throughout so many of the songs.

No comments: