CMU School of Drama


Thursday, September 20, 2018

The Revolutionists

Pittsburgh in the Round: What dictates the machinations of change and progress? Is it fear that churns into action; indefatigable ethos that never relents, heedless to danger or repercussions; or the unwitting resilience of a simple pluckiness borne of a blindly resolute spirit and an uncompromising, self-possessed character? Who is responsible for witnessing and documenting the machinations of change, and does serving as a composer or transcriber of the change and upheaval that defines history afford a sort of immortality? Do our stories make history, or does history make our stories?

1 comment:

Sophie N. said...

When I was doing my scavenger hunt project for basic design, I was given the city theatre. When I tried to go into the building, the doors were locked and I was unable too. However I saw the promotional material for this play and I really wanted to see it, so when the email came that we had tickets to the dress rehearsal I immediately signed up. It was an amazing show. I think I cried like four times. Each of the characters is so three dimensional and not the normal female love interest in the historic play. I think this show is such a beautiful contrast to a show like Les Mis because it is all about female empowerment and not about males being the driving force behind everything. Don't get me wrong I love both shows, but this show is great in the way that although most of the action takes place in one room, you understand everything that happens. I think this show is amazing and should be produced by other theaters because although it is historical, it is relevant to us today in this time of turmoil.