CMU School of Drama


Monday, September 17, 2018

Chatterton

Pittsburgh in the Round: As part of the Pittsburgh International Festival of Firsts, Quantum Theatre’s ambitious, immersive World Premiere production of Chatterton, opened at the Trinity Cathedral in downtown Pittsburgh September 14.

Adapted by Karla Boos from Peter Ackroyd’s critically acclaimed novel by the same name (“A tour de force, a brilliant novel.” –USA Today), Chatterton ‘s intertwined stories take place over three centuries.

1 comment:

Kelly Simons said...

Oh yes!! This is so freaking exciting. I spent about fifteen minutes look at the Quantum's website and comparing restaurants to see when the best weekend to go is. I think I'm going to buy tickets for October. I'm really excited about this event. I was talking to Megan and Tlatloc about this; they described the show as similar to a choose your own adventure kind of thing. I loved those books as a kind, so why not love an interactive experience as an adult where I also get fed during? This show is pretty tempting, and reading the brief plot summary I think the subject matter is a great choice for an event like this. Following the stories of multiple people depending on which door you choose at the beginning of the show looks incredible. If I can get to see this show, I think I would like to follow the painter's timeline. That or the original timeline of the man who kills himself.