CMU School of Drama


Friday, August 03, 2018

New ‘Criss Angel Mindfreak’ show coming to Las Vegas Strip

Las Vegas Review-Journal: Criss Angel will make his oft-anticipated move to Planet Hollywood in time for the holidays. As an early gift, the hotel is renaming its showroom for him.

The veteran Strip illusionist opens “Criss Angel Mindfreak” in Criss Angel Theater, formerly Planet Hollywood Showroom, beginning Dec. 19. Angel and Caesars Entertainment announced the move in a news release this morning.

1 comment:

DeKlyen said...

Magic has always been a strong part of my life and Criss Angel has been an influence at one point or another. However, now with my interests in technical theatre growing, this article shows one of the many ways theatre is used in its non-traditional roots with highly strong successes. I forget sometimes of the big Las Vegas shows that rely on such intricate and unique technical theatre engineering. Large scale magic acts, such as “Mindfreak” and “Believe”, required a high level of theatre rigging, stage design and complex theatrics, all of which would be just incredible to see how everything is done. I never thought of how magic tricks and stage illusions can be transformed for live theatre and the idea of taking standard illusions and manipulating for a standard live theatre performance could be useful. I’ll have to pull out my old magic kit and start remembering how the tricks are done, so I can see if I can apply them to my upcoming shows. When and doubt, borrow and adapt. And magic is no different.