CMU School of Drama


Thursday, February 15, 2018

Outdoor concerts return to Las Vegas Strip with iHeartRadio fest

Las Vegas Review-Journal: Outdoor music festivals are returning to the Las Vegas Strip this year — and at least one plans to honor the memories of those affected by the Oct. 1 shootings at Route 91 Harvest.

According to sources familiar with concert bookings here, iHeartRadio Music Festival plans to move its Sept. 22 outdoor festival to Las Vegas Festival Grounds. The show had previously been held at the 15-acre Las Vegas Village, site of the Oct. 1 shooting at Route 91.

1 comment:

BinhAn Nguyen said...

I think this is a great way to show the evils of the world that they cannot win. No matter what happens, we will always bounce back, strong and unafraid. I love that iHeartRadio is taking this chance to honor the victims of Oct. 1 and show that we stand united. I have always found it beautiful how humans are able to stand together after tragedies. As someone from Orlando, I witnessed this first hand after the Pulse shooting. I remember driving home on Sunday and listening to the radio report more and more people gathering to donate blood and organize vigils. Now, you cannot drive one block in Orlando without seeing some homage to Pulse. This daily reminder shows that we are all humans and that mankind is inherently good. Though I do take issue with the lack of unity in the absence of tragedy since I think that we are good at taking action retroactively instead of proactively. I think we can do both.