CMU School of Drama


Thursday, January 18, 2018

Sarah Laiwala Profile

Carnegie Mellon University Online Community: Sarah Laiwala (E 2008) is the director of digital experiences at the Walt Disney Company, currently responsible for innovation, apps, websites and a budding virtual assistant platform for Parks & Resorts worldwide. Sarah believes that the seed of her success on her journey to where she is today is her master's degree in software engineering and development management from CMU's Silicon Valley Campus in 2006. This is when she began exercising her innovative mind, entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature.

1 comment:

Sydney Asselin said...

My parents took me to Disney World when I was 9. I cannot tell the amount of times we got lost in a park and ended up wandering around from attraction to attraction until the park closed. Coming from a family that loves to have a plan for everything, I can say that all of us would have been much happier having a map with a GPS locator to tell us where we were and what was in our immediate area. I love reading about the amazing projects that CIT students from Carnegie Mellon go on to work on. I had originally planned to go to university for mechanical engineering, and what had originally attracted me to Carnegie Mellon University was its amazing reputation for turning out world class engineers and computer scientists. When I heard that Randy Pausch was one of the leading creators behind Alice, I was shook because this software that had initially fostered my interest in computer modeling was created by a professor at Carnegie Mellon. It seemed like destiny for me to go to CMU.