CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Pittsburgh theater: A look back at 2017, and a taste of what's in store this year

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Pittsburgh theater in 2017 gave us a lot to think about and to look forward to in 2018. As we announce the multitalented, multifaceted Monteze Freeland as the Post-Gazette’s 2017 Performer of the Year, the 37th in 34 years, we look back at other outstanding contributions and look ahead to a new day at several local companies. This adds to the retrospective we began on Dec. 21 when we chose the “10 Best Pittsburgh Theater Experiences” of 2017, plus 10 runners-up.

1 comment:

APJS said...

Well i am really excited to see this new theatre built by Point Park University. It sounds exciting, but any new theatre is an exciting thing to me. I expect to see several shows here as it replaces the Pittsburgh Playhouse theatre this year. I look forward to see the work of the new artistic director, Marya Sea Kaminsk every thing she will bring the the city. I also hope I get to see more theatre out side of school, but we shall see. I already feel like I missed a lot of Good theatre in 2017. But I was lucky enough to see one show that was mention in the “10 Best Pittsburgh Theatre Experience”, Quantum theatre’s ‘Red Hills’, LD’d by one of our very own Todd Brown. It was an amazing show and a truly unique and exciting experience, deserving of the recognition. I really wish I was able to see what CMU grads can do in the folktale ‘The Olf Man and the Old Moon’.