CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Scene In Nevada: Tanked

Nevada Film Office: Tanked is a long-running Animal Planet reality television series starring Acrylic Tank Manufacturing (ATM) and their custom aquarium projects and acrylic exhibits. Owned and operated by two brothers-in-law Wayde King and Brett Raymer, ATM started in 1997 in Las Vegas, NV and within a few short years, the company became one of the most renowned custom aquarium & fish tank design companies across the globe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knew that aquariums would be this popular! I’ve had aquariums at various stages of my life. We had one when I was a kid for a number of years and then in my early 20’s I had one in my apartment. It always provided a way to relax and de-stress. I could sit for hours and watch the fish just swimming around wondering what, if anything, is going through their minds. I also enjoy seeing these giant aquariums all around whenever I go out. It connects me back to my childhood and to a simpler time when life was different. Now, I can’t sit for hours and watch the fish swim around. I don’t have that kind of time. What makes a company like ATM special is that, as evidenced by the show, they really make a unique experience for each of their clients. They take the time to carefully select and design the main structure taking into account water weight, structural weight, and the weight of the items in the tank as well as the fish. They also carefully select the fish so that they can exist in an environment together as well as be appealing to the eye and to the desires of the client. This is something special that many aquarium stores don’t do. The guys on tanked educate and enlighten. Maybe one day I will be financially able to afford one of these massive tanks. Till then, I’ll just watch it on tv.