CMU School of Drama


Thursday, July 13, 2017

DeWalt FlexVolt 60V Max Circular Saw Review

Pro Tool Reviews: One of the products we saw at the DeWalt Experience made us wonder at first if it was really necessary – the new DeWalt FlexVolt 60V Max Circular Saw. After all, full-size cordless circular saws have been around for a while and they cut quite well, to be honest. With DeWalt’s recent success in the 20V Max/18V sector, they were due for a 7-1/4 inch model and likely could compete near the top. So why jump up to the 60V class with the rest of the FlexVolt line if you don’t need to?

1 comment:

DJ Lesh said...

As a tool geek, I spend a lot of time searching new tools. When purchasing a new tool, I often spend hours researching which tool is the best in its class, while staying within my budget. Since September of 2016 when Dewalt debuted the FlexVolt system, I have been drooling over the idea of having a good, solid, reliable, set of battery operated large tools. To me, the circular saw is one of the more interesting ones. While almost every power tool company that struts an 18 or 20 volt tool lineup has a circular saw in their system, but I have yet to find one that can power through thick and knotty wood like a corded saw can. The 60v FlexVolt circular saw grabbed my attention as it seemed as though it was the answer to my problem. Finally, a battery operated circular saw, running at 15 amps, that can almost do what a corded saw can do. The other couple of tools that grabbed my attention in the FlexVolt lineup where the miter saw and the line of outdoor power equipment, the chainsaw in particular. A battery operated chop saw would be a huge help for people who are required to bring a chop saw to the job site. I have struggled finding good electric outdoor power tools because, if you go with a corded tool that has enough power, you are dragging an extension cord around your yard the entire time you're using it, not to mention most corded outdoor power tools are not up to snuff. If you go with a battery powered tool, they are often not powerful enough, and you have to change your battery three times just to do your front yard. I have struggled so much with this problem, in the end, I reverted to gas tools for my yard, which requires story gas in the house. I hope the FlexVolt system will fix this.