CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, July 12, 2017

BCMA Thinks: When Light Becomes Sound…

Branded Content Marketing Association: It’s a coincidence that I am writing about the idea of light becoming sound, while traveling in Northern Italy. Here, the natural light of the sky was the stepping-stone of many classical painters, particularly Caravaggio, known as the Godfather of Cinematography. But, I am not here to talk to you about that. This is about the light of sound…Let me explain.

I have been studying sound – soundscapes, opera, music, particularly soul, funk and rock – intensively. By studying sound, I want to be able to marry music with filming. What I strive for, as an artist, is to create something visually that you can watch over and over, like music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice article!