CMU School of Drama


Monday, April 17, 2017

Review: PRO4824 Is a Totally Modular, Customizable CNC Router

makezine.com: There have been numerous points over the past few years where I have pulled up the CNC Router Parts website and started configuring a router that I would like to build. Both the modular build system and rock-solid rack and pinion movement really appealed to me. When they contacted me about being included in this year’s round of testing, I finally got to try one of my configurations for the PRO4824, and I could not be happier.

1 comment:

Chris Calder said...

Building a CNC router is definitely something that I have thought about doing. First off building the CNC machine itself isn’t really that complicated it is the post processors and the CAM programs that are doing the brunt of the work. So that being said it is nice to see a in between of completely building it yourself and having to buy a stock model from a distributor. It seems as though you pretty much have full control of what you want this machine to do. I hope one day I will have the opportunity to build my own machine allowing me to make something that completely suits my needs and have all the necessary components. That is what I think the beauty of build your own machine is. There is a very clear difference between knowing your machine and owning your machine, meaning that if you build it you will know what every screw is for.