CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Mythbusters: Event Themes Edition

blog.exhilarateevents.com: After airing in 2003, Mythbusters quickly took off; becoming one of the most popular shows in the early 2000s. With the show's fun take on the scientific method, special effect experts Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman test the validity in rumors and in societiy's everyday myths. Often, the show makes reference to iconic scenes from classic movies: “Can you really hold onto the roof of a speeding car?” or “Can a speeding car crash into a fruit stand, and keep on driving?” Thus, setting the premise for ever-thrilling episode.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know exactly what I expected when reading this article, but I can promise you a PartyCity version of an amazing television show is not what I expected. Just to be cynical I am going to point out that it doesn't take much to know you can decorate with yellow tape and crash test dummies. All that takes is a computer and a Pinterest account. That being said, I want to comment on Mythbusters itself and what a great resource it is. As a kid, I remember watching endless episodes of Mythbusters with my brother after school. It became such a standard in my life that I used my Mythbusters knowledge to help in science class as early as middle school. Years later I have to watch a Mythbusters episode as homework for my college rigging class. That in itself proves that Mythbusters is an amazing resource to not only teach science but to foster a love of innovation and understanding of how things work.