CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Colorado Symphony suits up for another 'Symphonic Tribute to Comic Con'

AXS: The Colorado Symphony is tightening their bow stings; not because they're preparing to defend Helm's Deep from an army of Orcs, but rather to bring the exciting and thrilling music of video games and pop culture to life once more.

Officially titled "A Symphonic Tribute to Comic Con: The Tetralogy," the concert comes three months before the sixith annual Denver Comic Con.

1 comment:

Alexa James-Cardenas said...

UUUGGGHHH! Once again another awesome event that I can’t go to. This combines many of my favorite things in the whole world: cosplay, movie orchestrations (and orchestras in general), and a butt load of nerdy mc nerd stuff. But seriously, I am so glad that the Colorado Symphony has decided to play at comic-con and I know a lot of people are going to love it (maybe some will cry…I would). What makes a good fantasy/nerd movie is the music, and we remember the movie through the epicness and subtlety of the underscore, and getting the chance to play it is even more accelerating. I actually play the violin (since 7 years old), and the viola (since 8th grade), and up until high school, I had always been in an orchestra (in total three), and it was in the last orchestra I was in that our conductor choose the song “Jack Sparrow” by Hans Zimmer from the 2nd Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and playing it was like a dream. It was hard to not get sidetracked in listening to the whole orchestra while I had to play the violin. It just made me want to rewatch the movies, and relive the fun and exciting moments that will be remembered by fans for a very long time.