CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Performing Arts Patron Reflects

Wenger: Longtime performing arts patron Anne Melvin of Columbus, Ohio, considers her own personal history when choosing which organizations to support. She also credits Woody Hayes, the legendary football coach, for inspiration. While Anne never played football growing up, attending a music conservatory after she graduated from Smith College taught her that aspiring musicians also undergo rigorous training. “Once I left the conservatory, I told myself my job was to help other classical musicians make a living wage – that was very important to me,” she says.

1 comment:

Sarah Linquest said...

We all dream of making enough money to have anything we could want, but we rarely consider how we will support the arts. I think that it is the duty of successful artists to help support other artists and theater organizations. Some people will choose to support local community theaters that provide an artistic outlet to their community. Others will support bigger theaters that produce spectacular shows. I think that if I have the opportunity, I will support children’s theaters. To keep the theater community going, we have to make sure that kids are being exposed to good theater at an early age. Regardless of what we choose to support, it is important to remember to give back to the theater community that we are part of.