CMU School of Drama


Monday, April 25, 2016

Meet the Arduino Clone That’s the Size of a AA Battery

makezine.com: The AAduino is an Arduino compatible microcontroller board, created by Swedish embedded systems engineer Johan Kanflo, that’s the size of a AA battery. The AAduino is designed to fit comfortably inside of one of the bays of a standard 3xAA battery holder. The resulting ‘Duino in a very small, reasonably powerful, wireless node will endless application possibilities. Johan describes the impetus for the design.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The internet of things is coming and coming quickly. While I am still a fan of my desktop the era of localized computing is quickly changing to a cloud based system with smaller nodes like this one that are able to interpret that information and affect their environment to help us. Our refrigerators, phones, tv’s ect are all charging ahead into this world. And it is certainly a very different one. I’m just waiting on my automatic coffee machine which takes the sleep cycle data from my mattress and makes me the appropriate amount of coffee in the morning. Of course everything is not all roses and sliced bread. And I believe encrypting all of this data is going to be incredibly important if we want to retain any privacy at all.