CMU School of Drama


Friday, February 19, 2016

Pittsburgh Musical Theater opens season with ‘Saturday Night Fever’

New Pittsburgh Courier: Pittsburgh Musical Theater newcomer Justin Lonesome grew up listening to music by Kool & the Gang, the Bee Gees and Motown.

“My mom introduced me to a lot of different kinds of music,” said Lonesome who hails from Baltimore, but moved to Pittsburgh to attend Point Park University’s theater program in 2007. “She was a part of the tail-end of the disco scene she was in there getting down with everybody. We used to get down at Christmas time and any time.”

1 comment:

meeshL said...

Saturday Night Fever! Goodness, sometimes I think I might have been born in the wrong era because I absolutely love disco music and funk. I saw Earth, Wind, Fire play at the Beacon Theater in NYC 2013 and I have never seen near 70 year olds dance the way that they did. I'm pretty sure I might have been one of the youngest attendees at the concert; everyone else seemed to be 50 years or above. There's something about the soulful music of that time period that picks up your mood no matter what. I also love listening to songs by the BeeGees, Chicago, and the Beach Boys. It excites me to know that the Pittsburg Musical Theater will be putting on this performance of Saturday Night Fever because I think it would be a wonderful way to join all of these songs and the spirit of the music into a theater piece with plot. I wanted to see Motown: The Musical in NYC last December but didn't get the chance to. Hopefully I'll be able to catch this run in Pittsburgh though! I also wish that more people my age would appreciate the genius of music from this time period!