CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Entrepreneurship, Carnegie Mellon-Style

www.cmu.edu/news: A 6-year-old sits down and draws a racetrack with crayons. Her dad captures an image of the project, and minutes later the two of them are racing cars with their fingertips on a tablet screen.

Playsketch, a Portuguese startup company, offers its consumers the ability to sketch an idea and bring it to life as a playable video game. Co-founders Luís Lucas Pereira and Pedro Machado Santa recently visited Pittsburgh to take their concept to market using contacts and entrepreneurial lessons learned from Carnegie Mellon University.

1 comment:

Chris Calder said...

The craziest thing to me is how hard it is to be an entrepreneur these days. I love to hear success stories like these because it gives me hope that innovation is still a real concept. I wanted to be an entrepreneur for the longest time but I was discouraged when someone told me that self-made ideas are hard to come, and even if you do find one, it will be sucked up by big business. I’m glad to see that there are programs put into place to really focus on the product and developing companies into something that will achieve success. My favorite part about hearing ideas people have is how they came up with them, because more often than not it happens when you aren’t even trying. The example in the article of a father and son experimenting caught a lot of attention and interest of consumers. It is exciting to see universities and organization coming together to pool resources to bring ideas like these to life. I hope the inRes program continues to work with places like Portugal to make start-ups a major success.