CMU School of Drama


Monday, February 29, 2016

AutoCAD Keyboard Shortcuts, easy productivity hack!

cadsetterout.com: When it comes to interacting with AutoCAD, for better or worse we all fit somewhat into one of three user types:

The Keyboard King – he/she works almost exclusively with the keyboard and mouse, and takes pride in having memorised many of the commands within AutoCAD.
The Mixed Master – he/she likes to mix it up opting for a combination of keyboard-entered commands as well as the occasional use of AutoCAD’s toolbars and ribbons.
The Ribbon Navigator – he/she navigates the sea of AutoCAD ribbons and toolbars with ease, and finds comfort in doing so.

1 comment:

Chris Calder said...

I am still new to the whole auto CAD world and figuring out the tricks to increase my speed. I defiantly wouldn’t describe myself as a ribbon user but I haven’t had the time to completely study all of the shortcuts. There are defiantly some shortcuts that are more useful than others and the only way for me to remember them is by using them. I had a feeling that there was a way to change the shortcuts but it is not something AutoDesk make very easy to do. Many of my classmates that are more fluent in CAD than I told me to print out a shortcut sheet and study it. This is something that I choose not to do but am somewhat regretting now. Because I trained myself to use the ribbon, even though I know most of the shortcuts at this point, I often just forget to use a shortcut over the ribbon command. Maybe now that I have read this article I will go and change my shortcut settings and will in turn increase my drafting speed. I guess if I am trying to say anything it is that everyone should personalize their Auto CAD program so they don’t fall into bad habits and can maximize their drafting speed.