CMU School of Drama


Thursday, December 03, 2015

Advancing The Show

Pro Sound Web: Being organized and prepared ahead of the gig is a huge key for the independent audio practitioner, a.k.a., Lone Audio Ranger.

As I write this article, I’m smack dab in the middle of a multi-day, mixed programming event – a live outdoor cooking show with lots of wireless, video playback, record feeds, musicians, and emcees. This event is impeccably organized with everyone on the same page, and for the most part, happy. I chalk it up as a success.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don’t know if I could go into a performance or event without knowing any of the information that this article lists. It surprises me that there are people who do this type of work without knowing any of that information. I would feel so stressed going into the event that it would affect my work. This is a good article but I still think people should know all this stuff in their work. If they don’t know then ask questions and get answers. People at a certain point need to step up and make decisions and move forward. Step up and be the person to make decisions and get things done. If you aren’t able to do that then this shouldn’t be the industry you work in.