CMU School of Drama


Friday, May 01, 2015

Tickets On Sale Today for Seventh Annual Jimmy Awards

Playbill.com:

Tickets go on sale May 1 for the seventh annual National High School Musical Theater Awards (NHSMTA), which will be held June 29 at Broadway's Minskoff Theatre.

For tickets, visit Ticketmaster.com.

Also known as The Jimmy Awards in honor of legendary Broadway producer/theatre owner James M. Nederlander, the awards honor high school students from across America who will compete for Best Performance by an Actor and Best Performance by an Actress awards.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This makes my heart very happy. When I was in high school I wished that school productions received awards and such so that I could have participated in the Jimmy Awards.I think this is a great program and I have had a lot of friends that have been apart of this event. Myha'la was a finalist a few years ago. However, i do wish that the Jimmy Awards were in the media a little more. For example, a few years ago there was a TV show called Broadway or Bust and it was a documentary on what happens during the rehearsals for the Jimmy's and showed the performances. Since then, i havent seen much about the Jimmy's besides what I can find on youtube. SUPPORT THE ARTS
54102 <54102> <54-102> 54-102